Are you tired of ordinary roasted potatoes? Don’t like its starchy texture that makes your mouth dry? This may be a suitable potato dish for you. It’s still the same classic roasted potatoes but putting them into one more process can turn them into very aromatic and crispy potatoes. To avoid having starchy texture that makes your mouth dry, I added Nori & Wasabi combination yogurt sauce. Not just smooth up your potato, It gives a nice kick to the flavor with wasabi sharpness.
[ Ingredients ] *tsp=tea spoon tbs=table spoon
~ serves four ~
4 Red potatoes
1 tbs Wallnuts
2~3 cloves Garlic
1 tbs Olive oil
1/4 tsp Onion powder
1/4 tsp Paprika powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Black pepper
50g Yogurt, unsweetened
1 tbs Mayonnaise
1/2 tsp Wasabi
1/2 tsp Aonori
[ Directions ]
1. This time, I used red potatoes. It has much concentrated sweetness and has thin skin. It can be eaten with skin on.
(๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧You can use other kinds of potatoes. For better result, It’s best to choose small pieces. Sweet potato will also work well!
2. Put the potatoes into a 300℃ preheated oven. Bake for about 15minutes.
(๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧Baking time may be varied depending on the size.
3. While baking potatoes, you can prepare seasoning oil. Finely chop garlic.
4. Transfer the chopped garlic into a bowl and paprika powder.
(๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧You can add your favorite spice! Chili powder will be also good. Or adding curry powder would be also a great choice for kids.
5. Add olive oil. Now you got tasteful seasoning oil ready!
6. Now let’s make Nori&Wasabi sauce! Add yogurt and mayonnaise into a bowl.
7. Add wasabi.
(๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧This time I chose Japanese seasoning combination. You can use mustard instead of wasabi. For kids, you can add ketchup!
8. Add Aonori/seaweed powder and touch of salt to taste.
9. Now you have healthy Nori&Wasabi yogurt sauce!
(๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧This sauce can be used not just for roasted potatoes, also as dressing. It’s perfect to go with seafood salad!
10. Check the potatoes, see if it’s done.
11. Gently press each potato with a potato musher.
(๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧You don’t need to turn them into mush potato. All you need to do is to crack them open. You can use a large fork instead.
12. Drizzle the seasoning oil on each potato.
13. You can also sprinkle some nuts such as walnuts or almond.
14. Put the potatoes back into the oven and broil them for a few minutes or surface gets golden and crispy.
15. Now you have flavorful roasted potatoes~!
Drizzle the yogurt sauce as you eat. You can enjoy smooth texture potatoes!
Copyright © MASA’s Cooking- All Rights Reserved.