Zousui is one of the popular rice dish usually eaten in cold season. Add steamed rice into your favorite soup with dashi base and cook for a short time. Rice absorbs the soup, every spoon you can enjoy soothing & tasteful rice. This time I used fresh tomato to make soup. It’s rather similar to risotto but it’s much easier to make. If you happen to have any rice left over, you should definitely try this!
[ Ingredients ] *tsp=tea spoon tbs=table spoon
~ serves one ~
1 bowl Steamed rice
1/2 tbs Parmesan cheese
Salt & Black pepper to taste
1 tbs Olive oil
1 stalk Basil
50ml White wine
250ml Chicken or Vegetable stock
1 tsp Ketchup
Several dashes Tabasco sauce
[ Directions ]
1. To peel a tomato, remove the calyx first.
2. Score an X on the bottom.
(๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧This is to cut only the skin. You don’t need to cut in too deep inside.
3. Attach a fork to the head and broil over the medium flame until showing some wrinkles on the surface.
(๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧This is one of the quick ways to peel. You don’t have to bother boiling a pot of water for only one or two tomatoes…
4. Put into water or place under running water.
(๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧The fork may be very hot, be careful!
5. Now you can easily peel without any effort at all!!
6. After peeling, cut into dice.
7. And then chop into paste.
(๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧You won’t be spending so much time to cook in a pot while making tomato soup. To make smooth texture, try chopping as fine as you can. Or you can use a blender.
8. Crush garlic and peel.
9. Add olive oil into a pot.
10. Put the garlic and then turn on the heat set medium low.
(๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧Garlic can burn very easily. Make sure to add oil and garlic into a pot before turning on the stove.
11. Slowly cook garlic until turning into golden brown.
12. Now you can add chopped tomato.
13. Add basil or Italian mixed herb
14. Add white wine.
15. Pour in vegetable or chicken stock.
16. Add salt, black pepper and tomato ketchup to taste.
17. Add steamed rice.
(๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧You can use either warm or cold rice.
18. Stir it well allow rice to spread evenly.
(๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧After adding rice, you don’t want to cook too long. You want to maintain the rice shape. Don’t let it turn into slimy texture like porridge.
19. Beat an egg.
20. Drizzle the egg on the surface evenly.
21. Cook for another few seconds or until the egg gets done in the way you like.
22. After shutting off the stove, you can add some Tabasco sauce.
You can add parmesan cheese just before serving!!
Copyright © MASA’s Cooking- All Rights Reserved.