Potato salad doesn’t always have to be served as cold dish. It can be made as nice and warm salad. I used soba tsuyu and mayonnaise combination to make wafu style potato salad. To kick up the flavor,I decided to add a touch of curry powder. Using starchy materials such as potato can easily cause blurriness to the flavor, but using these combination of seasonings can make so tasteful potato salad.
Oh.. This time I used drawing method to share my recipe! Hope everyone likes it!! ; )
[ Ingredients ] *tsp=tea spoon tbs=table spoon
~ serves one ~
2 slices Bacon
1/8 Red onion
3 tbs Kernel corn
5~6 Cherry tomatoes
1 tsp Curry powder
Salt & Black pepper to taste
1 tsp Soba tsuyu
1~2 tsp Mayonnaise
(๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧to see Japanese seasonings explanations please click here!
[ Directions ]
1. Peel and slice potato. Cut bacon into small pieces. Slice red onion.
Soak the onion and potato into water.
2. Boil the potato until half way done. Drain out the excess water.
(๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧The potato will be stir fried in a fry pan. So they don’t need to be thoroughly cooked at this point.
3. Add butter into a fry pan. Warm up the fry pan over medium heat. Add bacon, potato and corn, continue stir frying. Add curry powder, salt & black pepper. Mix well and shut off the stove.
(๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧You can replace butter with olive oil.
If you don’t like raw onion sharpness in your salad, you can add sliced onion at this point.
4. Transfer the food into a bowl and add sliced onion.
5. Slice avocado, cut cherry tomatoes into half. Add into the bowl.
(๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧If you don’t have avocado handy, you can use blanched green beans or asparagus instead!
6. Lastly, add soba tsuyu and mayonnaise. Mix well.
(๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧You can adjust the amount of soba tsuyu and mayonnaise.
Copyright © MASA’s Cooking- All Rights Reserved.