Just came across pretty looking momo/peaches. I love this type of tender texture fruit. Peaches, mangos, bananas, cantaloupes,,, They are all my favorites. The best way to enjoy fruits is to just directly have a bite without cutting into small pieces. But taking advantages of this particular type of texture, you can make many dishes including pastries. Crushing into puree and add into batter is one of the easiest ways to enjoy. Baking, pan frying, steaming whatever the heating method, there’s alway fantastic fruit aroma filling inside the kitchen! This time I prepared batter with yogurt and fresh peach puree. It turned out to be very fluffy and smooth! It’s very easy steps to follow. If you don’t have peached handy you can go ahead and use banana instead! May adding some nuts would be also great combination! It’s delicious and healthy, why don’t you make some for your breakfast!
[ Ingredients ] *tsp=tea spoon tbs=table spoon
~ makes 12cm x 2 ~
50g Yogurt, unsweetened
1 tbs Honey
100g momo/peach, pureed
8 Slices peach
100g Cake flour
3g Baking powder
[ Directions ]
1. I’ve got very beautiful momo/Japanese peaches. The best way to enjoy them is to simply have a big bite with skin on! That’s what farmers recommend and I quite agree with it!
2. This time I’m gonna need to remove the flesh from the pit. To do that, first cut around the pit just like you would do to avocado.
3. And then rotate the upper part and the lower part in the opposite direction so the flesh will come loose.
4. Go gently with rotating motion,and you should end up with two pieces apart..
5. Remove the pit that’s stuck on the other piece.
6. Cut into wedges.
7. And then run a petty knife right above the skin to separate from the flesh.
8. About 100g of peach will be used to make pancake mixture. The rest will be used when cooking on a fry pan.
9. Cut 100g of peach into small dice.
10. And then keep chopping until turning into fine puree.
11. Combine the peach puree with yogurt in a bowl.
12. Add honey.
13. Mix well..
14. Sift cake flour.
15. Add baking powder.
16. Add sugar.
17. Mix all the dry ingredients.
18. Add one egg.
19. Pour in peach & yogurt mixture.
20. Mix well.
21. Preheat a non-stick fry pan on very low heat. And apply a little oil on the surface with paper towel.
22. Pour in the mixture with a ladle. You should be able to make two of about 12cm pancakes.
23. Lay sliced peach on the surface.
24. As an optional step, you can sprinkle some sugar on peach.
25. When the bubbles are starting to show on the surface, you can then flip them. You should have light golden brown pancakes!
26. Keep heating until the other side inflates and gets spongy. You can dust with icing sugar as you serve!
Copyright © MASA’s Cooking- All Rights Reserved.