The most concern when you are baking fish may be hot to maintain the moisture. Placing in the oven cook until done and end up very dry texture.. There several ways to seal the moisture. Like French cuisine, using salt mix with egg white and cover entire fish or use salty pie sheet to wrap up and bake. They are both very effective, it saves just about right moisture and also gives saltiness at the same time. But the process is rather time consuming, besides using lots of material to be discarded afterwards… this time I would like to introduce an easy way of baking fish with just a sheet of tinfoil. You may have seen this type of method every where. As you can guess,, I’m making bit of Japanese way of seasoning. Baking fish and mushrooms with sake & soba tsuyu in tinfoil bag, you can enjoy tremendous concentrated essence!
[ Ingredients ] *tsp=tea spoon tbs=table spoon
~ serves one ~
1 Black cod
*can be replaced with salmon,halibut,snapper..
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tbs sake
50g Shimeji mushrooms
3 Shitake mushrooms
5 stalks Asparagus
3 Mini tomatoes
1.5~2 tbs Soba tsuyu
1 tsp Sake
salt & black pepper to taste
[ Directions ]
1. Drizzle sake on black cod.
2. Sprinkle salt.
3. Slice onion.
4. Peel the bottom part of asparagus to remove fibery texture.
5. And cut into 3~4cm long.
6. Cut mini tomatoes into wedges.
7.Trim off the root part of shimeji mushrooms
8.Take each stem apart by hands.
9. Cut off the shitake’s stems and slice.
10. Here comes bagging process! Prepare about 30cm x 30cm size of tinfoil. Place sliced onion in the center. put some aside for topping.
11. And then put the mushrooms, put some aside for topping.
12. Place the cod on top of it.
13. Put the rest of onion and mushrooms.
14. And decorate with asparagus and mini tomato.
15. For seasoning, I’m using soba tsuyu.
16. Drizzle some Sake.
17. Place a chunk of butter and sprinkle some salt and pepper.
18. Now you can fold your tinfoil. First off, fold the front and back so that both ends will meet in the middle..
19. Over lap the ends and roll in to secure the foil..
20. And then roll in both sides.
21. You can now place in the preheated oven. Bake at 200 celsius for about 10~15minutes or fish gets throughly cooked.
Copyright © MASA’s Cooking- All Rights Reserved.