There so many kinds of sandwiches out there.. this time I made “Tartine” they are suitable for picnic or party. They are usually served as open sandwiches. You can go with variety of toppings. I prepared hamburg steak mixture and directly spread on sliced baguette and bake them. It’s much easier than shaping oval shape and sauté on a fry pan. And since it’s already sitting on the bread, It’s very handy and you don’t have to worry about washing lots of plates! To make them even tastier, I also prepared spicy tomato sauce. You can sauce each Tartine and enjoy with your favorite beverages!!
[ Ingredients ] *tsp=tea spoon tbs=table spoon
~ makes 12 pieces ~
300g ground pork
1/8 red onion, thinly sliced
15g sliced almond, roasted
1-2 stalks oregano
3-4 stalks thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
200g caned tomato
2 cloves garlic, chopped
4-5 leaves basil
Chili peppers to your preference
12 slices French bread, sliced in 1cm
1/2 tsp E.V.olive oil
[ Directions ]
1. Add chopped garlic and olive oil and fry on low medium heat until bubbles and aroma comes out.
2. Crash canned tomato by hands and pour into the pot.
3. Add some leaves of basil and simmer it for a while.
4. Add salt to ground pork.
5. Mix well until some consistency shows this way you can have nice smooth texture when it’s cooked.
6. Add some fresh thyme.
7. Also chopped oregano.
8. Add sliced red onion.
9. Coarsely crush the roasted almond in your hand and sprinkle into the bowl.
10. Mix well make sure all the ingredients are well blended.
11. Slice baguette about 1cm thick.
12. Apply some olive oil with a brush.
13. Spread prepared meat mixture on each bread.
14. Preheat the oven to 250 Celsius. Place raw tartine on an oven tray and bake for about 8~10 minutes.
15. When the bread is ready, you can serve with the tomato sauce prepared earlier. You can add some chili powder if you like.
16. Lastly, add some salt and black pepper to adjust the taste. Serve with your lovely tartine!!
Copyright © MASA’s Cooking- All Rights Reserved.