Here’s nice & healthy sandwich recipe. I’ve been using gobo also known as burdock root in so many different dishes. Because it has nice earthy aroma and contents lots of fiber, not to mention it helps you have bowel movement,,it should be more used for your diet meal. This time I’m combining with chicken breast which is high in good quality protein. You can enjoy the gobo chicken salad itself or like I’m demonstrating here making a sandwich for lunch. Either way it’s definitely enjoyable!!
[ Ingredients ] *tsp=tea spoon tbs=table spoon
~ serves two ~
4 strips Chicken breast
1 tbs Sake
1/4 tsp Salt
40g Burdock root
2 tbs Mayonnaise
Salt & pepper to taste
2~3 leaves Lettuce
1 stalk Italian parsley
1/4 tsp Paprika powder
[ Directions ]
1. Shave burdock root.
2. This particular part of chicken,we call “Sasami ” also known as chicken filet, it has very tender texture. there’s one thin strip of tendon running in the middle. To expose it, you can cut right underneath the tendon by using a petty knife
3. and then flip the meat with tendon facing down. Hold on to one end of tendon and pull as you are moving the knife back and forth to strip off the tendon.
4. Now you have Sasami-chicken with no tendon.
5. Prepare “Saka-shio” it’s the mixture of sake and salt. Simply add salt into sake and mix well.
6. Drizzle the saka-shio to the chicken and marinate for 5 minutes or so.
7. While marinating, you can blanch the burdock root to the texture you like.
8. After blanching, make sure to drain out excess water.
9. And then wrap it with paper towel, wipe off the excess water.
10. Place marinated chicken in a pot and steam until done.
11. Make sure that every piece has turned into white.
12. Remove from the steamer and shred each piece by tearing with a fork.
13. Put blanched go-bo and the chicken together.
14. Add mayonnaise.
15. Mix well..and add salt & black pepper to adjust the flavor.
16. Cut baguette into quarter and make couple of slits on the surface.
17. This way, you can easily bite off the baguette.
18. Lay some leaves of lettuce and sliced tomato and put lots of Gobo chicken salad!
Copyright © MASA’s Cooking- All Rights Reserved.