You don’t like potato salad because it contains lots of mayonnaise? Or maybe because of that mushy texture that easily makes you feel so stuffed…If that’s the case, this potato salad recipe may be much less likely to have problems. I reduced the mayonnaise to the minimum and add more “tummy friendly” substance such as yogurt. And to lubricate the mushy texture, I mixed with avocado. As you may know there are many benefits of avocado oil for skin. Using prawns as garnish also gives nice succulency… Enough for the explanation.. Let’s get started!!
[ Ingredients ] *tsp=tea spoon tbs=table spoon
~ serves two ~
2 Red potatoes
1/8 Red onion
1 tbs Black Olives
1 tbs Mayonnaise
4~5 tbs Plain yogurt
Salt & Pepper to taste
[ Directions ]
1. This time I’m using Red potatoes. Because their skin is much thiner than regular potatoes, you don’t have to peel at all. You can simply enjoy the whole piece of potatoes! Make sure to use a brush to wash well and then cut into small pieces.
2. How you cook is up to you. Boil them, Microwave them, or like I did. I used steamer…
3. Since red onions don’t contain as much sharpness as yellow ones and want to enjoy crunchiness, I decided to slice it along with grain.
4. Soak into water for a few minutes.
5. Transfer the all cooked potatoes into a bowl.
6. You can either use potato masher or wooden spatula. To enjoy the texture, you don’t have to mash them too fine.
7. Put peeled prawns into a bowl and pour some white wine.
8. Cook them with steamer or microwave.
9. When it’s done you put the prawns and juice into the mashed potato.
10. Adding avocado can give your potato salad much light texture!
Cut into the flesh and when you reach to the pit, run a knife all the way around it.
11. Twist the upper and lower part in the opposite direction.
12. If the pit is stack and hard to remove, you can tap the pit with knife to let the blade stuck in it and pull out.
13. Scoop with small spoon and put in the bowl.
14. Drain out all the water from red onion add into the bowl.
15. You can add some black olive if you have some..
16. Usually, a big amount of mayonnaise should be used to have nice texture. But this time I’m using yogurt instead. It works pretty well and top of that it has much lower cal!!
17. It’s already nice and smooth you can minimize the mayonnaise.
18. Add salt & pepper to taste.
19. Mix well. Sprinkle some chopped parsley as you serve.
Copyright © MASA’s Cooking- All Rights Reserved.