When you think about making a home made pizza, you can easily imagine that there are lots of processing you have to go through.. And end up making a phone call to order in… This time I would like to introduce one of the easiest ways to make tasteful pizza! No need to control the temperature for yeast to rise or spending so much time to cook pizza sauce. You don’t even have to use an oven! The toping can be anything. Seafood, Hawaiian, pepperoni and so on… whatever the stuff you like, place on the pan fried crust and it’s done!
[ Ingredients ] *tsp=tea spoon tbs=table spoon
~ makes two of 18cm ~
100g bread flour
1.5 tbs olive oil
50~55ml warm water
4 tbs ketchup
1~2 tbs tonkatsu sauce or HP,AI steak sauce
1/4 tsp tabasco sauce
1/5 tbs tomato paste
100g shimeji mushrooms
8~12 stalks asparagus
2 tbs caned corn
2 tsp butter
salt & pepper to taste
100g Mozzarella cheese
[ Directions ]
1. sift flour and add salt and sugar.
2. add olive oil or vegetable oil.
3. first add about 50ml of warm water.
4. start mixing with spatula and see how it blends.. if you find your dough is still dry, you can now add some more warm water.
5. when it starts holding together, you can use your hands to knead.
6. If your dough doesn’t stick to the bowl anymore, you can now move to the working table. keep kneading until the dough surface gets silky smooth.
7. wrap the dough and rest for about 15minutes or so. you can prepare other ingredients while waiting!
8. add some butter and start heating on medium heat. when butter melts, add shimeji mushrooms or whatever types of mushrooms you like, keep stir frying until light golden brown.
9. add prawns.
10. Lastly, add green vegetables. this time I used asparagus.
11. Add salt and pepper to taste.
12. Remove all the cooked items from the pan. Rinse the fry pan.
13. Combine ketchup,Tonkatsu sauce and Tabasco sauce
14. I have frozen tomato paste used previously. you can simply break small piece and add into the sauce.
15. Now let’s get back to the dough! Dust the working table with flour. and cut the dough into two pieces.
16. Roll into round shape.
17. Roll out about 0.5cm thin with a rolling pin.
18. Check the size with your fry pan. I’m using about 20cm fry pan. You also need to estimate the shrinkage, the dough should be slightly bigger.
19. Heat the fry pan on low heat and add olive oil. make sure to spread evenly.
20. Lay a sheet of dough.
21. If the dough inflates too much, you can gently press the surface with a turner.
22. When bottom turns into golden brown, you can now lift the crust and add some more oil in the fry pan and flip.
23. Press gently make sure your dough is making full contact to the pan.
24. Spread half amount of prepared sauce on the crust.
25. Add half of stir fried items. spread them evenly.
26. Sprinkle corn and black olive if you have them..
27. Lastly, sprinkle shredded Mozzarella cheese.
28. Cover the pan and keep cooking until the bottom part is light golden brown and cheese melts. Repeat the same process to make another pizza.
Copyright © MASA’s Cooking- All Rights Reserved.