Introducing Southern France style dish. There’s one french dish called Ratatouille. It’s kind of stewed vegetables. it’s usually served as one dish. But since it has very tasteful strong flavor, it can go with other protein food such as chicken. I specially made my chicken skin extra crispy. Without deep frying you can still enjoy KFC-like texture! And this sauce can also served with pasta. Just simply throw boiled pasta into the sauce. You can also put left over into a casserole and bake! now you know how to rearrange your Ratatouille sauce in many ways!!
[ Ingredients ] *tsp=tea spoon tbs=table spoon
~ serves one ~
1 chicken thigh
Salt & pepper to taste
2 tsp Vegetable oil
1~2 cloves garlic
1/4 each red & yellow bell pepper
5~6 Mini tomatoes
5~6 stalks asparaguses
1~2 stalks oregano
1 stalk Italian parsley
several dashes of tabasco
salt & black pepper to taste
[ Directions ]
1. First of all, prepare Sauce Ratatouille. Any green vegetables can be used. This time I used asparagus. Cut them into dices.
2. Cut bell peppers into quarter and remove seeds and membrane.
3. And then cut into small pieces.
4. Onion can be also cut into dices.
5. Cut mini tomatoes into small pieces.
6. And then chop into purée.
7. Pound garlic with side of the knife.
8. And then remove the skin.
9. Cut open the thick part of chicken to make a while piece has the same thickness.
10. Cut tendons running inside the meat.
11. sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.
12. Heat up a non stick fry pan in medium heat and place chicken skin side facing down.
13. After seeing some oil coming out,you can now turn to low heat.
14. This time I want to make the entire skin evenly golden brown and super crispy. To do so, Lay a sheet of tinfoil on the chicken.
15. And then place a smaller pot on the top to gently pressurize the meat so that skin can make full contact to the pan.
16. After 4~5 minutes you can remove the pot and tinfoil.
17. Turn over the meat and you should be able to see super crispy skin!!
At this point, your chicken is 80% cooked. You just need cook for another minute or two.
18. Remove from the pan and cover the meat with tinfoil to keep it warm.
19. Don’t bother washing, just use paper towels to wipe the surface.
20. Add a little vegetable oil.
21. Add some garlic and then start cooking on low medium heat.
22. You can cook until about this brown. It’ll come out nice garlic aroma!
23. Add onion keep stir frying until translucent.
24. Add red & yellow bell peppers.
25. Now you can add chopped mini tomatoes.
26. You can also add some herbs such as oregano,tarragon,thyme.
27. Add water.
28. Simmer it for 5~6 minutes.
29. Add green vegetables and cook for a short time and shut off the stove.
30. Add salt, pepper and ketchup.
31. You can also add some Tabasco for little spiciness.
Copyright © MASA’s Cooking- All Rights Reserved.