I’ve already shared some of gobo/burdock root recipes earlier. This time I would like to show you one of the very popular gobo dish. Kimpira gobo is basically stir fried vegetables with combination of soy sauce and Mirin. Since it has concentrated flavor, it goes really well with both steamed rice or beverages. To volume up the dish,It can be also cooked with sliced meat. Since this dish can be served either hot or room temperatured, packing into your bento is very suitable!
[ Ingredients ] *tsp=tea spoon tbs=table spoon
~ serves two~
200g Burdock root
1/2 stalk chili pepper
1/2 tbs sesame oil
1/2 tbs vegetable oil
1/2 tsp white sesame
3 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs sake
1 tbs Mirin
2 tbs water
[ Directions ]
1. Crumple a sheet of tinfoil and scrub off the gobo/burdock root surface.
2. Slice in about 0.5mm thick.
3. Shred them and soak into water.
4. Carrot also needs to be shredded.
5. Add sesame oil and chopped chili pepper. Heat a pan on medium heat.
6. After draining out all the water from the gobo, add into the pot and stir fry.
7. Add carrot after gobo turning tender. And keep stir frying for another few minutes.
8. Combine all the seasonings including soy sauce,sake,Mirin and water.
Keep on cooking on low heat.
9. When sauce got reduced, you can shut off the stove. Sprinkle some sesame as you serve.
Copyright © MASA’s Cooking- All Rights Reserved.