Soba sauce can be very useful sometimes. It doesn’t content too much salt and carries lots of umami. Using this sauce instead of soy sauce can save up lots of your time when you are in a hurry. This time I’m making very tasteful Japanese style creamy pasta with soba sauce. If you have a bottle of soba sauce sitting in your pantry, now it’s the time to understand its versatility!
[ Ingredients ] *tsp=tea spoon tbs=table spoon
~ serves two ~
100g Shimeji mushrooms
8 Shitake mushrooms
4 slice bacon
2 tsp butter
50~60ml Soaba tsuyu
50~60ml heavy cream
Shredded nori and chopped green onion for decoration
[ Directions ]
1. Start boiling pasta. After bringing it to a boil add salt and stir well.
2. Before placing your measured pasta into the pot, make sure to lower the heat and then lightly twist the bundle of pasta just like wringing towel.
3. And take your right hand off. Maintain the left hand grip and gently dip the pasta into the pot all the way to the bottom.
4. Keep holding until pasta softens. And then slowly push down all the way until most part of the pasta submerge into hot water.
5. Simply release your hand and now you got all the pasta fanned out and nicely settling inside the pot!
6. After the pasta softens, stir well to avoid sticking together and keep cooking until it’s ready.
7. This dish doesn’t require much of preparation. It’s mostly about cutting ingredients.
Slice shitake mushrooms
8. Trim off the root part of shimeji mushrooms.
9. Take each stem apart by hands.
10. Cut bacon into small pieces.
11. Slice eggplant.
12. Add bacon into a preheated fry pan and keep stir frying on medium heat until bacon’s oil coming out.
13. Add the mushrooms.
14. you ca add some butter for better texture.
15. Add eggplant and keep stir frying until mushrooms and eggplant turns golden brown.
16. Add sake and some pasta boiling water.
17. And then add soba sauce.
18. heavy cream can be also added at this point.
19. Check the flavor see if you need any adjustments. if yes, please do so by adding more water,sauce or cream..
20. If your pasta is ready at this point, you can now add into the sauce.
21. Keep cooking until your preferred texture. Add some more pasta boiling water if needed.
Lastly, on the plate, decorate the pasta with chopped green onions and shredded nori on top.
Copyright © MASA’s Cooking- All Rights Reserved.