All the rice balls come in triangle? Not always,, there are many shapes of rice balls with so much verity of flavor. This time I would like to take you to a place called Akita. It’s the prefecture in Northern part of Japan. Since they grow high quality rice there. There are many dishes using their rice. Ｏne of the famous one’s called Kiri-tanpo. It’s similar to rice balls but they are in sausage like shape and usually bake them. sometimes even add into hot pot. I made a very simple way to enjoy this particular dish with Japanese traditional seasonings. You can directly eat them or put into hot pot like local people do. This recipe can be very versatile. Instead of using soy sauce or miso, adding curry powder,garlic salt or Italian spice would be also suitable. If you want to try something different from the ordinary rice balls, try this recipe!
[ Ingredients ] *tsp=tea spoon tbs=table spoon
~ serves one~
150g steamed rice
1/2 tsp fish broth powder
1/2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp miso
[ Directions ]
1. Add some soy sauce and fish broth powder into steamed rice and mix well.
2. Put one portion of the seasoned rice into a plastic bag and knead until it gets sticky.
3. Move the rice to the side of the bag.
4. Form into sausage shape. Adjust the length of the rice to a chop stick you are using.
5. Open up the plastic bag and insert a chop stick from one end all the way to the other end.
6. Squeeze the plastic bag to the side to secure the chop stick.
7. Remove the bag and keep making with the rest of the seasoned rice.
8. Preheat the oven to 200 Celsius and place your rice sticks. Bake until crispy on the surface.
9. For soy sauce flavored, brush some soy sauce on the surface and bake for short time.
Copyright © MASA’s Cooking- All Rights Reserved.