There are many ways to enjoy fish. In Japanese style, I like it cooked on charcoal heat. But it’s hard to prepare this particular heating system at home. And usually we end up using an oven to cook. But if you don’t control the temperature well, you can’t make your fish crispy outside and succulent inside. This time I’m using both sauté and baking method to cook. And showing you how to make hollandaise sauce-like topping with miso. Sauté first in short time and top off with sauce and bake just surface to make an attractive looking and done! This way you won’t easily over cook your fish in the oven. You can use any type of fish. Salmon can be also a great substitution. Enjoy your Kimiso Baked Fish!
[ Ingredients ] *tsp=tea spoon tbs=table spoon
~ serves four ~
4 Black cod
1~2 pinch salt
2 egg yolks
1.5 tbs miso
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp black pepper
100ml vegetable oil
[ Directions ]
1. Sprinkle some salt to dehydrate the fish.
2. Combine all the seasonings except for the oil, listed above in a bowl.
3. Add a little amount of oil at the time while whisking.
4. Keep adding oil. You should end up with mayonnaise-looking paste.
5. Wipe off all the excess liquid came out on the surface with paper towels.
6. This time I’m using baking sheet to sauté fish!
Preheat a fry pan and gently place your fish with baking sheet underneath. Keep on cooking on medium heat.
7. When the both sides are cooked till golden brown and start coming out juice,you can shut off the stove.
8. Transfer the fish with the baking sheet to a baking pan.
Cover the fish with kimiso sauce.
9. Place your fish in the preheated oven as soon as covering with the sauce. Bake until the sauce turning into golden brown.
Copyright © MASA’s Cooking- All Rights Reserved.