If you like beef stew type of food but don’t want to spend so much time for preparation, this recipe could be suitable for you! Using thinly sliced meat and combination of seasonings with red wine can create very tasteful stew instantly! This recipe idea is originally from Russian dish called Stroganoff. I have rearranged with some Asian seasonings. It can be served with butter rice or may be pasta. Instead of beef you can use any other type of meat.
[ Ingredients ] *tsp=tea spoon tbs=table spoon
~ serves two~
200g sliced beef or pork
Salt and pepper to taste
1tbs bread flour
100g shimeji mushrooms
2tbs bread flour
1/2 each red and yellow bell pepper
8~10 green beans
50ml red wine
1tbs oyster sauce
1 tbs Tonkatsu sauce
[ Directions ]
1. Slice onion
2. Trim off the shimeji mushrooms root.
3. You can gently press down to take each stems apart.
4. Cut each bell pepper into small pieces.
5. Blanch green beans.
6. I had lots of sliced pork. So decided to use them instead of beef. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
7. Dredge some flour to coat each slice.
8. Make sure to coat both side evenly.
9. In a heated pot add a little oil and place floured meat. Sauté them on medium heat.
10. Remove from the pot after turning into golden brown.
11. In the same pot, add sliced onion.
12. Sauté until translucent.
13. And then add mushrooms Keep stir frying until aroma coming out.
14. Add measured butter into the pot. Let it melt on low heat.
15. Sift in measured flour.
16. Stir well make sure the flour get spread evenly.
17. Add red wine.
18. And water.
19. Keep stirring on medium heat until alcohol evaporates. And turn to low heat keep simmering.
20. Add ketchup,Tonkatsu sauce(or steak sauce eg. AI, HP) oyster sauce and salt and pepper.
21. Add red and yellow bell pepper and cook for a few minutes.
22. Put the sautéed pork back in to the pot.
23. And add some green beans at last to add color.
Copyright © MASA’s Cooking- All Rights Reserved.