Kids meal can be this gorgeous! When I was a little kid, I didn’t have much chance to eat those kids meal kind of things.. May be just because most of those kids meal served at the restaurants were too fancy. Came with lots of toys but not much nutrition… Nowadays things are bit different. They DO serve more descent kids meal, I believe… When it comes to home cooking, we can arrange in any way we like! This time I’m sharing very tasteful kids combo including Hamberg steak, deep fried prawns,fried rice, colorful vegetables and fruits jelly! With combination, you can serve not just kids but all members of family!!
[ Ingredients ] *tsp=tea spoon tbs=table spoon
~ serves four ~
[ Hamburg steak ]
300g ground beef
100g ground pork
25g bread crumbs
200g Mozzarella cheese
4 shitake mushrooms
2 abalone mushrooms
50ml white wine
200ml heavy cream
1~2 tsp butter
[ Directions ]
1. First of all, prepare cheese Hamburg steak. After cooking through, add Mozzarella cheese on the top and cover cook until cheese melts on low heat.
2. This time, I decided to go with mushroom sauce. Add a little butter into a pot and let it melt on low heat. Add sliced mushrooms and cook until light golden brown on medium heat.
3. Add water.
4. And heavy cream. Cook until it shows consistency. Shut off the stove add salt and pepper to taste.
5. For the garnish, sauté sliced squash or whatever vegetables that are seasonal.
[ Breaded prawns ]
60g cake flour
1+1/2cup bread crumbs
[ directions ]
6. [ Breaded prawns ] Remove all the shell but keep the last segment attached. Remove the vein with toothpicks.
7. And then trim off the edges of the tail. Scrape out the water caught in side.
8. Combine cake flour,egg and salt.
9. Add a little bit of water at a time. Make sure it doesn’t produce lumps.
10. Holding the last segment, dip the prawns into the batter. Make sure to coat evenly and drip off excess batter.
11. Place the coated prawn into breadcrumbs and dredge evenly.
12. And adjust the shape while lightly press the breadcrumbs to secure.
13. After breading, let it sit for 5~10 minutes so that coating can settle on the surface.
14. Preheat the oil to 175~180 Celsius. Gently place prawns into the oil.
15. When it turned golden brown,you can remove from the oil and place on a rack to drain out the excess oil.
[ Chicken fried rice ]
400g steamed rice
1 chicken breast
2 tsp butter
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbs ketchup
[ direction ]
16. [ Chicken fried rice ] Chop onion.
17. Chop carrot.
18. Cut chicken breast into small dice.
19. In heated fry pan, add a little oil and gently add chicken. On medium heat, stir fry them until turning into white.
20. Add onion and carrot. Keep stir frying until the onion turns translucent.
21. Add butter. After letting it melt, add steamed rice. keep stir frying util gets well blended
22. Add salt, pepper and ketchup to taste.
23. If you want to make it “kawaii/cute” decoration, you can use a small cup. To let it come out easily, you can place a sheet of wrap and then add ketchup rice into it. Press well and turn it over to pop out on the plate.
[ Grape and mango Kanten/agar-agar jelly]
100ml white wine
1/2 tsp agar-agar
8 leaves lemon balm or mint
24. [ Grape and mango Kanten jelly] Remove grape skin.
25. Cut into half and remove seeds.
26. Cut mango into small dice.
27. Add water and white wine, bring it to a boil.
28. Add kanten powder or agar-agar.
29. Maintain the biling point and keep whisking for 1~2 minutes.
30. Shut off the stove and add honey.
31. Add all cut fruits.
32. If you have fresh herbs you can put some into it. To fully enjoy the fragrance, shred them first.
33. Add into the pot stir well.
34. Pour into small cups or mold and let it cool off. Put into the fridge until it completely sets.
Copyright © MASA’s Cooking- All Rights Reserved.