Here’s another curry recipe! This one goes with lots of Gobou also known as burdock root. This vegetable usually appears in Japanese food. But with this crunchiness and flavor it can go really good with curry. If you cook in fish broth and add soy sauce, it becomes more like Japanese flavor curry! If you want to try something different from what you always eat, this may be suitable!
[ Ingredients ] *tsp=tea spoon tbs=table spoon
~ serves six ~
100g Gobou/burdock root
400g ground meat (pork and/or beef)
125g curry cube
1/2 tsp fish broth powder
1tbs soy sauce
[ Directions ]
1. Dice onion..
2. Shave burdock root.
3. This time I’m using ground beef and pork 200g each.
4. Heat up a pot and add some oil. Put ground meat and add salt and pepper. Stir fry until changes the color on medium heat.
5. Use another fry pan to stir fry the onion until translucent.
6. Add the onion into the pot.
7. Burdock root also needs to be stir fried until light golden brown.
8. Put into the pot.
9. Add measured water.
10. Add seasonings and simmer it for about 15 minutes.
11. After 15 minutes or so, check the burdock root if it’s already soft enough or not.
If it’s ok, you can now shut off the stove and add curry cube.
12. Make sure the cubes are all dissolved, turn back on the stove and simmer it for another 10 minutes or so.
Finally, check the thickness and flavor. If it’s too thick you can add some more water. If it’s not salty enough, add some soy sauce.
Copyright © MASA’s Cooking- All Rights Reserved.