Introducing nice warm gratin dish style udon. Unlike the one with curry soup I showed you earlier, this one is more like western food. Instead of using curry cube,which we Japanese often use to make curry rice, I used eggplant to create rich texture. You can make a big batch of it and store in the freezer. Use this sauce to make pizza is also a great idea!
[ Ingredients ] *tsp=tea spoon tbs=table spoon
~ serves two~
2 portions Frozen udon
150g ground pork
*zucchini can be substituted.
150g mini tomatoes
2~3 tbs curry powder
1 tsp sugar
1tsp soy sauce
6 stalks baby corn
6 slices squash
100g mozzarella cheese
[ Directions ]
1. To cut eggplant into dice, first cut into 5~6cm length and slice.
2. Cut into strips.
3. Rotate 90 degrees and start chopping. Now you have diced eggplant!
4. Soak into water to remove the harshness.
5. Dice onion.
6. Add some oil to heated pot and add diced onion stir fry on medium heat until translucent.
7. Add ground pork and keep stir frying until turning its color.
8. Straining out all the water from the eggplant, add into the pot.
9. Keep stir frying until soft and start dissolving.
10. Add curry powder and stir well.
11. Keep stir frying until curry aroma comes out.
12. To prepare tomato purée, add mini tomatoes into a blender.
13. Run the blender until it becomes purée.
14. Pour the tomato purée into the pot and mix well.
15. Add water.
16. Add salt and black pepper.
17. And soy sauce. Simmer it for about 10~15 minutes.
18. Prepare the garnish for gratin dish. Slice potato with skin on.
19. Shave off thick part of the squash skin.
20. And slice about 0.5 cm thick.
21. Cut baby corn into half.
22. Cook all the vegetables by placing into the steamer, microwave or oven until soft.
23. This time I’m frozen udon. It’s already pre-boiled. You don’t need to cook for a long time.
24. Put into boiling water and cook until all the udon goes apart.
25. Drain out water.
26. Put into an oven safe dish.
27. Add prepared eggplant curry sauce into the dish.
28. Mix well make sure your noodles get coated with the sauce.
29. For the green vegetable, I’m using pre-blanched green beans.
30. Decorate the vegetables on the top of the noodles.
31. Add some more curry sauce.
32. Sprinkle some mozzarella & cheddar cheese.
33. Pre-heat the oven to 200 Celsius. Put the dish into it the oven and bake until golden brown on the top. You can serve with Parmesan cheese and Tabasco.
Copyright © MASA’s Cooking- All Rights Reserved.