I’ve already shared some of Hamburg steak recipes earlier. This time I would like to share more like a homemade style dish eaten very often at home. At least my home…I’m showing you from the very scratch. Basically it’s all about how to prepare patty. It’s very versatile. Once you learn how to make them, you can make a big batch of it and you can go with many kinds of sauce! Here I’ve got a very simple but very tasty Japanese Enoki mushroom sauce. If you are tired of Teriyaki sauce but still love soy sauce based flavor, this is what you are looking for!
[ Ingredients ] *tsp=tea spoon tbs=table spoon
~ serves four ~
300g Ground beef
100g Ground pork
25g Bread crumbs
[ Enoki sauce ]
4 tbs Soy sauce
4 tbs Mirin
80g Enoki mushrooms
[ Directions ]
1. Finely chop onion.
2. Stir fry until translucent.
3. Remove from the pan and cool off.
4. For the ground meat, I usually mix beef and pork. An ideal ratio beef to pork would be 7:3.
5. Combine bread crumbs with milk leave it for a few minutes to absorb.
6. Add 4grams (1% of total weight of meat)of salt to ground meat and mix until smooth.
7. Make sure your ground meat is well mixed and smooth. You can now add all other ingredients including egg, sautéed onion, soaked breadcrumbs, and mayonnaise or other seasonings.
8. Before shaping your Hamburg steak, you may want to divide the mixture evenly first.
You can either divide into 4 or 5 depending on how many or how big you want it to be.
9. Oil your hands and a tray and take one portion of mixture.
Form into ball and gently smash between your hands to release the air pockets inside.
Finally shape into oval shape patty.
10. Place your patty on the tray and press in the center to make a dent.
11. This picture was taken on a different day. I made a big batch at once and put into the freezer..
12. After freezing all the patties, wrap each piece.
13. Put them all in the ziplock and keep in the freezer.
14. Heat up a oiled fry pan on medium heat. Gently place the patties and sauté the both side until golden brown.
15. Add 2 tablespoons of water and put a lid on keep cooking on low heat for about 5 minutes or so.
16. When you start seeing some clear or white juice seeping out, it’s the sign! You can shutdown the stove.
17. While cooking steak, you can prepare Enoki sauce.
Here’s an easy way to wash Enoki mushrooms. Cut off the root part while still in the package.
18. Run in some water. And squeeze out water and remove the package and cut into 0.5~1cm length.
19. Add all the Enoki sauce ingredients into a pot. Simmer it for 3~4 minutes and add starch water to thicken the sauce.
Copyright © MASA’s Cooking- All Rights Reserved.