Rolled cabbage is originally western food. Usually cooked in tomato soup with maybe some bacon and onion in it. I personally like this very much. If you would like to try something different, you can try this recipe! For the rolled cabbage filling added tofu and used less meat. And cook into Japanese stock soup. It turned out to be a very light meal for dinner! You can also use this as Oden material. It’s perfect for winter getting!
[ Ingredients ]
~ serves Four ~
4 leaves Cabbage
125g Firm tofu
150g Ground chicken
30g Green onion, chopped
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Potato starch
20g Mozzarella cheese
[ Directions ]
1. Press firm tofu to drain out excess water for at least 30 minutes.
2. To chop green onion, you can first bundle up with rubber band to stabilize. and start dicing..
3. And chop,,
4. Wrap the pressed tofu with paper towel and squeeze to absorb the excess water.
5. Add salt into ground chicken and mix well until smooth.
6. Add an egg,green onion,squeezed tofu.
7. Mix well.
8. Prepare cabbage wrap. Core a cabbage with small knife.
9. To take each leaf apart, you can dip the cabbage into boiling water.
10. Peel off the leaf which got already soften.
11. Cook each leaf until soft enough to wrap filling.
12. Before start wrapping,to make it easier, trim off the thick vein part.
13. The trimmed part contains sweetness. You can chop them and put into the filling.
14. Put some prepared filling on lower part of the leaf and place small piece of cheese in the center.
15. Wrap the filling from the bottom. And fold in the both sides.
16. Keep rolling until the end.
17. You can use tooth pick to secure the cabbage wrap.
18. Prepare soup stock. Add all the seasonings.
19. Place the rolled cabbage in the pot.
20. After bringing to a boil,put a lid on and simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes.
Copyright © MASA’s Cooking- All Rights Reserved.