Here comes another bento recipe! For the main dish, this time I made vegetable filled chicken roll. Cooking in Teriyaki sauce makes very tasteful even when it’s cold. You can make a big batch and freeze them. Whenever you want or don’t have much time to prepare meal, you have homemade microwave food in your freezer! To go with this wonderful chicken, I made egg roll with edamame and also crispy sautéed daikon with carrot. Combination of soy sauce and butter makes perfect flavor. You can put it down but keep eating! As a bonus, I made kawaii decoration!
[ Ingredients ]
~ serves two ~
【 Veg. Rolled Chicken 】
2 Chicken thigh
8~10 stalks Green beans, blanched
40g Carrot, blanched
4 Dried shitake mushrooms
2 tbs Soy sauce
2 tbs Sugar
2 tbs Mirin
3 tbs Sake
or Shitake infused water
【 Butter Soy sauce sautéed Daikon&Carrot 】
1 tbs Butter
1 tsp Soy sauce
1/2 tsp White sesame
【 Edamame Rolled Egg 】
60g Edamame, blanched
one pinch of salt
2 bowls steamed rice
2 sliced cheese
1 Nori sheet
[ Directions ]
1. First soak dried shiitake mushroom in plenty of water.
2. Run a knife on thick part of meat to make the whole piece the same thicknesses.
3. I have whole bag of frozen green beans blanched earlier.
4. Place green beans and cooked carrot strips on chicken.
5. Roll the chicken tightly. Make sure the vegetables stay inside…
6. Use twine to bundle the chicken.
7. Cut soaked shitake mushrooms into small pieces.
8. Heat up an oiled pot on medium heat and place the chicken. Sautee until chicken skin gets golden brown.
9. Add shitake mushroom infused water into the pot.
10. Add all the seasonings.
11. After bringing to a boil turn down the heat and Keep simmering for about 10 minutes.
12. Remove the chicken from the pot.
13. Keep cooking until it shows consistently.
14. Put the chicken back into the pot, glaze them and then shut off the stove.
15. Next prepare egg roll. Add cooked edamame and a pinch of salt into lightly beaten egg.
16. Add butter into a fry pan and turn on the stove. After butter melted, pour in the egg mixture.
17. Give a little stir. When the bottom of the egg mixture turning color and firm up you can start rolling forward.
18. Add a little bit of water and cover the pan. Keep cooking on low heat, until the whole piece gets fully cooked.
19. For stir fried vegetables, I chose daikon and carrot. Shred them and put into a heated fry pan with butter.
20. Stir fry until soft and add seasonings.
21. Now let’s get back to your rolled chicken. Remove all the twine by scissors.
22. Cut into small pieces.
23. This time I’m preparing only one serving. Put the other roll into Ziploc and freeze.
24. The following steps are optional. If you’re interested in making a fancy looking bento, please proceed…
I’ve got this nori punch. With this gadget, you can clip out many shapes of tiny nori!
25. Insert nori into the opening and press down firmly to dispense clipped nori.
26. There is a little tray attached underneath to receive your nori. Now you have whole bunch of dots and strips to create characters.
27. Using cookie mold, press a sliced cheese to make bear shaped cheese.
28. Carefully place clipped nori on the cheese to make character’s face.
29. Clip sliced ham into whatever the shape you like.
30. You can clip out the rest part and laminate them with plastic wrap
31. And place in Ziploc. You can store in freezer for next time use.
Copyright © MASA’s Cooking- All Rights Reserved.