One of the very popular Japanized western food (also known as yōshoku) would be “omelet rice” To simply explain it, it’s steamed rice wrapped with cooked egg. There many ways to do so.. I, as a chef & cooking instructor myself, make several kinds of omelet rice depending on customers or students wants.. The trickiest part comes when making a perfect omelet landing on top of rice and cut open to cover the rice underneath. Looking very attractive but it requires certain level of technique… But don’t worry! This time I would like to show you a very easy way to make this dish. You don’t have to do those fancy movements to roll egg mixture on your pan at all! The main idea is to spend less time to make omelet, but spend little more time to prepare tasteful fried rice to go with!
[ Ingredients ]
~ serves one ~
1 bowl Steamed rice
100g Ground pork
1+1/2 tsp Curry powder
1/4 tsp Chili powder
1 tsp Butter-
2 tsp Ketchup
[ Directions ]
1. Chop onion.
2. Dice carrot.
3. Roast walnuts until golden brown.
4. Chop the roasted nuts.
5. Mince garlic.
6. Heat a oiled fry pan and add garlic. cook until bubbling on low heat.
7. Add onion, carrot. stir fry until onion gets translucent on medium heat.
8. Add ground pork keep stir frying till turning the color.
9. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
10. Add steamed rice.
11. Add curry powder and keep stir frying until the powder gets completely blended in the rice.
12. Add ketchup for some sweetness.
13. Finally add roasted nuts.
14. Transfer the fried rice to a plate. and rinse the fry pan.
15. Add a pinch of salt into eggs and stir well.
16. Add butter into the fry pan and let it melt on medium heat.
17. Pour in egg.
18. Scrape the bottom of the pan to coagulate the egg with heat.
19. I prefer half way done, shut off the stove while the egg surface is still runny.
and slid the egg over the top of the fried rice.
Copyright © MASA’s Cooking- All Rights Reserved.