Who says Sushi always has to come in roll? Why not arrange in more like western way!
When I was creating many kinds of sandwich,this idea came into my mind. I thought this would be a little too challenging to make. But surprisingly it was so easy to make and it tastes as just good as regular sushi roll or even better! Since it comes in flat shape, it’s very easy to bite off. This can be perfect for bento! pack some into your bento box and take it to your school or office. show them off!! (≧∀≦)／hey~! check this out!!
[ Ingredients ]
70ml Rice vinegar
1 tsp Salt
2 tbsp Sugar
8~10 prawns, peeled
50g Crabmeat, imitation will do..
*1 tsp Tobiko
1.5 tsp Cornstarch, mix with an equal part of water
1 pinch of salt
2 sheets Nori(seaweed)
1/4 tsp White sesame
[ Directions ]
1. Combine all the [Sushi Vinegar] seasonings.
2. Mix well and leave until all the sugar and salt dissolves.
3. After washing rice, put on a strainer to drain out the excess water. Leave it for about 30 minutes.
4. Put rice into a rice cooker. Add water(280ml) and start cooking.
5. Transfer the steamed rice into a bowl. Drizzle Sushi vinegar evenly.
6. Mix well and use a fan to cool off the rice.
7. Blanch the prawns.
8. Cut into small pieces.
9. Cut crabmeat into small pieces.
10. Put prawns and crabmeat into a bowl. Add mayonnaise.
11. Add Tobiko(flying fish roe) if you have..
12. Mix well.
13. To julienne cucumber, first slice it thin,,
14. and lay the thinly sliced cucumber flat and keep cutting in lengthwise.
15. Put all the [egg sheet] ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Heat up a non-stick fry pan on low heat and pour in the egg mixture just enough to cover the bottom of the pan. Cook both side. you should be able to make two or three thin egg sheet.
16. Let’s start assembling Sushi sandwich! First, equally divide the sushi rice into four.
17. Cut Nori sheet into half.
18. Wet inner plastic bag to avoid letting rice stick inside.
19. Put quarter part of prepared sushi rice and gather in the corner of the bag.
20. Spread the rice to the same length as Nori.
21. fold one end of bag to secure the length.
22. Spread evenly by pressing over the bag.
23. Make sure the rice is spread into equal size to the nori sheet. Repeat the same step until use up all the sushi rice. you should have 4 sushi rice sheets.
24. you can trim off the side of the bag to open if you have difficult time to remove from the bag.
25. Place the nori on each sushi rice sheet and press it gently.
26. Lay a large sheet of wrap film and place step-25( nori side facing down). Sprinkle some white sesame.
27. Put julienned egg and cucumber and also step-12.
28. Place another piece of nori&rice sheet on top.
29. Press gently make sure they stick together.
30. Wrap the whole piece by using the film lying underneath.
31. You can cut it very easily with wrap on! ^^b
Copyright © MASA’s Cooking- All Rights Reserved.