It’s getting warm these days,, you may want to have something refreshing dessert. Fresh vegetable can be very suitable. I’ve got nice ripe cherry tomatoes. Why don’t I use French pastry method “compote” make sweet and sour dessert! Instead of white wine, I used Sake. It’s great not just for a dessert also can be served as a cocktail garnish!!
[ Ingredients ]
~ serves four ~
250g cherry tomatoes
1 table spoon Honey
50ml fruit vinegar
1 oba leaf
[ Directions ]
1. Wash cherry tomatoes. remove stems
2. make very shallow incision cross way on the bottom part of tomato skin.
3. Blanch 6~8 tomatoes at the time.
4. as soon as start seeing some tomatoes skin cracking, remove from the pot immediately.
5. Plunge the tomatoes into ice water.
6. you can easily peel each tomato by hand.
7. Now you have beautiful stripped cherry tomatoes!!
8. Pour sake and water into a pot. Cook off alcohol on medium heat.
9. Add honey. stir it well.
10. Add stripped tomatoes into the pot and simmer for about 5miniutes or so.
11. Transfer to a glass bowl
12. Add fruit vinegar such as apple vinegar.
13. after cooling off, place it in the fridge. store overnight.
14. For garnish, you can use oba leaf.
15. Roll in and shred. place on the top as you serve.
Copyright © MASA in the Kitchen- All Rights Reserved.