rice ball? noodles? Chazuke?? It sure is very confusing name.. but no worries! the recipe is as very easy to follow as usual!
What’s Chazuke any ways? it’s a bowl of rice soaked in some green tea(also known as “o-cha”) or Japanese stock. This time I’m using rice balls to make very special and tasteful Chazuke!
rice balls don’t have to be just steamed rice with ume boshi(Japanese pickled plum) filling and wrapped in sea weed. Here’s one good idea to enjoy both rice ball and Japanese instant noodles at the same time! Because it has miso coating, you can also enjoy miso soup as you dig in!
[ Ingredients ]
~ makes 2 ~
160g steamed rice
1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon noodle seasoning powder
4 tablespoon instant noodles
2 tablespoon miso
1/2 tablespoon sake
1/2 tablespoon mirin
one pinch shredded seaweed
1 teaspoon green onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon white sesame
1 teaspoon noodle seasoning powder
[ Directions ]
1. crush the instant noodle while inside the package.
2. combine crushed noodles and steamed rice and add soy sauce & noodle seasoning powder and mix well.
3. lay a sheet of wrap film on small bowl and put about half portion of step 2.
4. wrap up the whole thing and lightly squeeze to form round shape and take off the wrap.
5. wet your palm with water and spread a pinch of salt evenly.
6. shape your rice ball into triangle as you are mounting salt on the surface.
7. heat up a non-stick fry pan on low heat and place the rice ball. cook until it gets slightly crispy on surface.
8. combine miso, sake, mirin.
9. Spread evenly on both sides of the rice balls.
10. keep cooking until golden brown.
Copyright © MASA in the Kitchen- All Rights Reserved.