Teriyaki chicken can be served in many ways. Not just Japanese traditional style, let it sit on a plate serve with rice and miso soup. It can also go with Mexican way! This time I am showing you how to make Tortilla with chicken teriyaki filling! Nice succulent chicken comes with teriyaki sauce wrapped with your homemade Tortilla.. It’s a perfect dish for weekend gathering!
[ Ingredients ]
~serves two ~
2 chicken thigh
3 tablespoon soy sauce
3 tablespoon mirin
2 tablespoon sake
2~3 leaves ice berg lettuce
1/2 onion, sliced
1 teaspoon mayonnaise
[ tortilla ] ~makes 8 sheets~
200g all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon olive oil
100ml warm water
[ Directions ]
1. first prepare tortilla. sift measured all purpose flour.
2. add pinch of salt.
3. mix well
4. add olive oil
5. and warm water…
6. mix well with spatula untill it comes together.
7. when it becomes doughy, you can use your hand to let the dough stick what’s left inside the bowl.
8. transfer the dough to working table. keep kneading for a few minutes until smooth and elastic.
9. put the dough back into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap. let it rest for 30minutes or so..
10. shred lettuce
11. soak into cold water until it gets crispy. drain the lettuce to remove excess water.
12. cut open the thick part of chicken thigh to make the whole piece has about the same thickness.
13. slit the tendon part of chicken to prevent from curling when sautéing.
14. prepare teriyaki sauce. put all the seasonings( soy sauce, mirin, sake ) into a bowl.
15. marinate the chicken for 5~10minutes.
16. divide the rested dough into 8 equal pieces.
17. roll each piece into a ball.
18. use a well-floured rolling pin to roll the dough ball into thin, round tortilla shape on a floured working table.
19. Preheat the pan over medium high heat, and place the uncooked tortilla on the pan.
20. keep cooking until bubbly,,
21. all the bubbles may get together forming into a big air pocket inside.
22. flip it and keep cooking until golden on the other side.
23. wrap the cooked tortilla with cloth of thick paper towel to keep warm.
24. heat an oiled fry pan over medium heat and place the marinated chicken skin facing down.
25. flip the meat when it’s golden.
26. add sliced onion on the chicken.
27. cover the pan and keep cooking over low heat about 5~6minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
28. remove the cooked chicken. keep them warm.
29. pour in previously used teriyaki marinate sauce
30. cook until seeing consistency. check the flavor before remove from the pan.
add soy sauce or mirin or sugar to adjust the flavor if needed.
31. cut the teriyaki chicken into small pieces.
32. As you serve, place the lettuce, chicken on the tortilla and drizzle some teriyaki sauce. squeezing some mayonnaise on the top makes even tastier!
Copyright © MASA in the Kitchen- All Rights Reserved.