[ Ingredients ]
~serves four ~
300g chicken thigh, finely chopped
1tablespoon *Japanese yam, grated
*potato can be substituted
1/2teaspoon ginger paste
2~3stalks green onion, chopped
2 teaspoon miso
1 tablespoon corns starch
2 portions rice noodle or udon
2~3stalks nira chives
4 shitake mushrooms
3 tablespoon miso
5 cm kelp
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
[ Directions ]
1. You either directly buy ground chicken or buy a whole piece of chicken thigh and take off the skin and chop it until fine.
2. chop green onion.
3. grate ginger and Japanese taro.
4. Put chopped chicken, ginger, taro, egg, into a bowl and add about 2 teaspoons miso.
5. It will get extremely slimy. Use spatula mix until all the ingredients are well cooperated.
6. Add water into a hot pot place kelp and start cooking on low heat. When it starts simmering add soy sauce and salt to taste.
7. Scoop about full tablespoon of prepared meat (step5.) and gently slide into the pot. Continue until all the meat transferred in the soup.
8. Add other ingredients such as nira chives, shitake mushrooms, noodles, etc,,
9. Place miso into strainer and soak into the soup. whisk until it’s all dissolved.
Copyright © MASA in the Kitchen- All Rights Reserved.