I believe lots of people already know how to cook fried rice. Method is not that complicated. You just have to use high flame stove to stir fry the steamed rice with whatever the ingredients you like. Usually served with soup so it can have well balanced combination. If you are having only fried rice itself, it definitely is going to make you want to have some liquidish food to go with. At least it happens to me all the time… Fried rice can be a little bit fancier by serving with white sauce. Soy sauce based fried rice with lots of vegetable mixed white sauce can give you new experience of half western style Chinese food!
[ Ingredients ]
~serves two ~
240g steamed rice
100g shimeji mushrooms
5~6 slices *smoked salmon
*bacon can be substituted
1head broccoli, with stalk
2~3 teaspoon butter
1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
1~2pinches each salt & black pepper
20g cake flour
[ Directions ]
1. This is shimeji mushrooms. It usually comes with roots part. You can simply cut it off.
2. Cut into dice.
3. Some of the lower part of mushrooms are connected, you can take them apart by hand.
4. Cut each head of broccolis apart.
5. Peel the the stalk surface.
6. Cut into small dice.
7. Cut the head part into small pieces
8. Here, You’ve got all the broccoli ready to cook.
9. Cut smoked salmon into small trip
10. Add 15g butter into a pot. Let it melt over medium heat and then add sliced onion cook until translucent.
11. Add cake flour continue stir frying.
12. Shut off the stove and pour milk. Keep mixing until the flour completely dissolve.
13. Turn on the stove. Keep stirring until it gets consistency on medium low heat.
14. Add broccolis cook until soft and shut off the stove.
15. Add salt & black pepper
16. In a frying pan, melt some butter on medium heat and add shimeji mushrooms stir fry till golden brown.
17. Add some smoked salmon keep stir frying.
18. Add steamed rice.
19. Also add diced broccoli stalk and keep stir frying another couple minutes or so..
20. Lastly, add salt, pepper and soy sauce to taste, mix well and transfer to a plate. Reheat the white sauce(step 15) and sauce over the fried rice.
Copyright © MASA in the Kitchen- All Rights Reserved.