Teriyaki chicken is one of the most internationally recognized Japanese cuisine along with Sushi,Tempra.
There is bottled Teriyaki sauce sold at many super market. Actually the combination of the seasonings are not that complicated. You can make your own Teriyaki sauce! Marinate your favorite part of chicken or even other kinds of meat such as pork,beef or lamb. You will be surprised how easy it is!
[ Ingredients ]
~serves two ~
1 chicken thigh
2 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoon mirin
2 tablespoon sake
[ Directions ]
1. Slit the thick part of meat and And cut off the tendons.
2. Combine all the seasonings
3. Put the prepared chicken into the combined sauce and marinate for about 10 minutes or so.
4. Heat a fry pan over medium heat. After adding oil, gently place the chicken with skin facing down. Let it brown for a short time.
5. When the skin gets nice and brown, you can turn over.
6. Add sliced onion and put a lid on the pan. Keep cooking over low heat until it’s done(about 5~6 minutes)
7. When you see transparent liquid coming out from chicken, it’s cooked!
8. Pour in marinate sauce and cook over high heat until the sauce gets your desired consistency.
Place the chicken on a plate and drizzle the teriyaki sauce along with onion.
Copyright © MASA in the Kitchen- All Rights Reserved.