Matcha/green tea powder is not just for hot beverages. As you know, there are so many sweets can be also created with this aromatic powder. This time I am showing you how to make matcha flavored pan cake. You can serve with the red bean paste previously introduced! ; )
[ Ingredients ]
150g cake flour
6g matcha/green tea powder
6g corn starch
5g baking powder
2~3 tablespoon brown sugar syrup
100g red bean paste
[ Directions ]
1. sift cake flour.
2. sift matcha/green tea powder.
3. Add baking powder,
4. corn starch,
5. and sugar.
6. mix all the powder together.
7. add an egg.
8. mix well until the egg completely blended into the powder.
*You may not want to add milk too early. otherwise it gets lumpy very easily.
10. After adding all the milk, whisk until it becomes smooth.
11. heat up a fry pan on low heat. After adding a little bit of oil, scoop one ladle of mixture and pour into the fry pan.
12. heat until bubbles showing on the surface.
13. carefully flip them with a turner
14. cook until the cake gets spongy. push in the center of the cakes and see if it has springy texture.
finally, drool some brown sugar syrup and put pan cake and serve with red bean paste!
Copyright © MASA in the Kitchen- All Rights Reserved.