Raspberry Tofu Cheese Cake
Want to have a slice of cheese cake but don’t want to have too much high calorie material? here’s one good recipe you may want to try.. reducing cream cheese and fill in with lots of tofu instead. tofu’s texture and soy bean flavor are surprisingly suitable with cream cheese! I also added raspberry sauce to give a little fruity flavor.
[ Ingredients ]
~makes 7″ cake ~
350g firm tofu
250g yogurt (unsweetened)
150g cream cheese, softened at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon Cointreau
2 teaspoon lemon juice
7g gelatin sheet
5~6 graham crackers
80g raspberry frozen
[ Directions ]
1. Firm tofu is commonly sold at most of the super market.
2. Firm tofu also contains so much water. To get rid of this water, you can place tofu
on a tray and place heavy object on the top and leave it for 30 minutes or so to drain the excess water.
3. Soak the gelatin sheet in cold water to soften.
4. To prepare the crust, put crackers into a plastic bag and crush them evenly until fine.
5. microwave the butter (for 10~15 sec. ) to liquefy.
6. Combine the liquefied butter and the crushed cracker.
7. And place into a mold.
8. Find anything that has flat bottom and press the surface firmly to flatten the crust.
And then place in the fridge for about 10 minutes to harden.
9. Add raspberries and sugar into a pot, simmer it until it lightly dissolve.
10. to get smooth texture, you can strain the berries.
11. The pressurized tofu has already come out lots of water..
12. wipe off the excess water on the tofu by cheese cloth or paper towel.
13. Make sure the cream cheese is already soften, and then add sugar mix well
14. Throw in the dehydrated tofu and yogurt in the blender, run it until smooth.
15. Put the tofu & yogurt mixture into the cream cheese and mix well.
16. Add about 2 (or more) tablespoons of prepared raspberry sauce from step 10.
17. Stir it well.
18. take out the soaked gelatin and lightly wing out the excess water. Put into a bowl and place on warm water to dissolve.
19. Add 2~3 tablespoons of mixture from step17. into dissolved gelatin and mix well.
20. Now you can put the thinned out gelatin mixture into the step 17. and mix well.
21. Pour into the prepared mold. If the surface is not smooth, gently shake the mold till the surface flatten.
22. You can decorate the surface anyway you like! dropping some raspberry sauce and score with tooth pick to make hearts is one way to do. After decoration, put into the fridge. Let it set for over night.
Copyright © MASA in the Kitchen- All Rights Reserved.