Tired of regular potato chips? try this homemade taro chips with wasabi & seaweed flavored dipping sauce! Taro can be easily found in Taiwan. As far as I know the are used for stew or some milk shake type of beverage. I personally like its sweet smell when cooked. Because of it contains lots of starch, it’s very suitable for deep frying. thinly sliced taro gives very light crispy texture while enjoying mouth full taro’s flavor. I also added original dipping sauce. wasabi’s sharpness adds another layer of flavor to the chips!
[ Ingredients ]
~serves four ~
2 teaspoon nori powder
2 teaspoon condensed milk
1.5 tablespoon milk
[ Directions ]
1. Peel the skin.
2. To have nice crispy texture, you have to make sure every single piece sliced evenly, not too thick not too thin. Using peeler gives a great result!
3. Keep the oil temperature approximately 160 degree (Celsius)
4. gently add the taro one slice at the time.
5. once placed in the oil, it starts bubbling to evaporate the moisture content. keep frying until bubbling stops and start turning into golden brown.
6. After deep-frying, place them on the paper towel to absorb excess oil.
sprinkle a pinch of salt..
7. add wasabi paste and seaweed powder into mayonnaise.
8. adding a little bit of condensed milk will round off the sharpness of the wasabi and gives sweet creamy flavor.
Copyright © MASA in the Kitchen- All Rights Reserved.